From a woman’s lens. What peace of mind looks like Marriage: A word so often dressed in the language of love, companionship and “happily ever after.” It is portrayed as the ultimate fulfillment of human connection…two hearts choosing to walk the same path, to share laughter, struggles and dreams. Whereas in actual sense, marriage is meant to be a partnership built on trust, respect and mutual sacrifice but the reality for many is far this. Understand that marriage is not a bed of roses. It comes with challenges of course. It demands a lot of patience, understanding and commitment from both partners. Yet, in many homes this balance is missing. What should be a haven of safety sometimes becomes a place of silent suffering because of one person’s selfishness and desire for control. Many women especially, endure the weight of marriage at the mercy of merciless partners. They stay bound by culture, societal expectations or the hope that things will get better. Some endure emotio...
I still can’t believe I renewed my Nigerian passport from outside Nigeria in less than two weeks without stepping foot in the embassy. Yes, you read that right. No travel. No queues. No stress. Just me, my phone and a surprisingly efficient system. How It Started My passport expired in September and I needed to renew it urgently but I could not travel to the Nigerian Embassy in Washington, D.C.. So I started digging around for alternatives and discovered something I wasn’t sure was even real: Contactless passport renewal . All from home! Thankfully, I had the new B-series passport (the one linked to your NIN) which qualified me for the online process. Still, I was skeptical. Nigerian portals can sometimes be… let’s just say, “audio innovations.” Tech this, innovation that but when it's time to actually work? E get as e be. But since I had no choice (and no travel plan), I decided to give it a go. The application process was shockingly smooth. I comple...
Claudia Nwankwo Many people endure pain, hoping those around them will notice and offer support. But often, everyone is wrapped up in their own lives and doesn’t have the time or focus to notice what others are going through. Woke up to the groaning sound of someone in pain who has been given surgery as permanent solution but they choose to suffer and keep managing the pain because they are afraid to make such decisions with such dramatic turn around in their health. I cannot understand why anyone would think so low of themselves that they rely on others’ validation to make important personal life decisions. …because “people who knew me before will say” If you have options (and usually you do), take them! Don’t suffer in silence just because you fear what people might say or worry about the outcome. What if things turn out better than you ever imagined? No one can fully understand your pain, because no one else feels it the way you do. So, whether it’s about...
Comments
Post a Comment